Folding Grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkG

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 4, 2004
Wednesbury, West Mids
It's been quite a while since I posted anything on here but I thought you might like to see the folding grill I made at the weekend.

It was my very first go at welding so there's still plenty of room for improvment!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cracking job Mark

I'd say you've made your £20 back already.

Could be interested in one when you go into production ;)

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
Looks good to me, I could never get on with arc I've gone back to gas welding, aparently my eyes dont react quick enough I'm half way across the face of the work before I can see what I'm doing. a little jigging of the bolt holes to get the legs to go flat and it will take up hardly any space

PS I just re-read this, the bit about the bolt holes wasn't a dig but a constructive comment

MarkG

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 4, 2004
Wednesbury, West Mids
Wow, I'm flattered that any of you would consider paying for it. The photo's do a very good job of hiding the terrible welding!

I did intend for it all to fold flat but because I wanted a lip around the edge (to stop things rolling off) there wasn't quite room to get the bolts low enough down. When I next have the time I'll refine the design and get them folding flat.

Should my welding skills move up from appaling to merely poor and I make any more I'll be sure to let you know of any spare's that are for sale.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Pretty neat job, and it's making me wonder what I'm doing in the house this evening on the last day of me holiday when I could be out cooking on an open fire in the woods...
Keep up the good work mate,
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE