Flat Sigg bottle copy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The wife brought me home a rather neat copy of the Sigg oval flask today from the clas ohlson shop in Manchester.

ThreeBottles.jpg

OK it's aluminium and slightly longer (It holds the same 0.6 litre so will neatly take a Imperial pint rather than the crappy 0.5 litre jobs) but it is the same section and fits the Sigg metal mug nicely). Tthe quality seams about on par with Siggs aluminium bottles and costs only £2.99.

The screw thread on the neck is a brass insert which is a nice touch.

I particularly like this style of bottle as it fits in a response pack and jacket pockets. I know folk like to use the Sigg ones as serious hip flasks.

Flicking through their catalogue they also do (by special order) a Frosts Mora Kniv Viking Belt knife for £2.49 (100mm blade, orange handle , plastic sheath) and a KI Mora Kniv Classic Scout 39 outdoor Knife for £9.99, 85mm blade, birch handle cross guard and leather rivetted sheath.

No connection to the company just a happy shopper.

ATB

Tom

Erik1

Dec 13, 2009
Norway
I bought one after reading this tread. As stated, it fits the Sigg cup nicely. However, it seems like it is not coated on the inside like the original. Is this a major disadvantage?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've only had water in it, but the eldest had another for taking to school with squash in it and he hasn't complained of it getting tainted. The only advantage I can think of is if you don't bother to dry it out before putting it into storage with the lid on you may avoid corrosion?

ATB

Tom

Erik1

Dec 13, 2009
Norway
In that case I guess there is no problem. I like it, and paying Clas a visit is always fun.

Asaklitt is a mountain in Sweden, if I am not mistaken.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yup, I went into the Manchester branch on Saturday and they had racks full of Gerber Suspensions (with pouch) with Silva LED headtorches for 10 quid, including three Enegiser AAA batteries. I got two for the youngest sons whos birthdays are coming up.

ATB

Tom

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I bought one after reading this tread. As stated, it fits the Sigg cup nicely. However, it seems like it is not coated on the inside like the original. Is this a major disadvantage?

Hello & Welcome,

Actually, its an advantage... If its not coated on the inside of the bottle, then you could use it to boil water if need be.

Whilst the external coating would tarnish, if you needed to make water clean, or hot (brew time!) its an advantage!

Erik1

Dec 13, 2009
Norway
Hello & Welcome,

Actually, its an advantage... If its not coated on the inside of the bottle, then you could use it to boil water if need be.

Whilst the external coating would tarnish, if you needed to make water clean, or hot (brew time!) its an advantage!

Thank you.
Actually, I was hoping for an answer like that. In case it freezes, I just place it on top of my Swiss burner (Notkocher 71). Saves me a lot of trouble.

Do you know if the Primus bottle fits the Swiss cup?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The 0.6l Sigg is 3.9" diameter at the base, and the 0.4l Primus is 3.7", fitting, (loosely) should not be a problem.

The oval alloy water bottles and Sigg mug can make a good PSK container, which is adjustable, dependent on the stored volume of gear carried.

Buy a cheap oval bottle and cut it off at the shoulder, the open end of the former flask and the mug can be packed with the gear of your choice (including a roll up water container!) then simply slide the 'flask' open end into the mug and seal it with an inner tube rubber band and tape.

westie1

Dec 11, 2009
west yorkshire
I went a few weeks back to get me a crook knife and the viking knife which made me a nice spoon, that alu bottle and folding little cup, ice shoes which go onto the bottom of your shoes and knife making bits and bobs like bench vice, sub £40 and got student discount! what a shop!!!! good abu garcia fish smoker too

luthor36

Nov 11, 2010
Summit, NJ 07901
This is really nice information about Sigg bottles. As per i know about it, Sigg bottles are more convenient for water and also for other use. It's use depends on the user. Really enjoy this post. I like to see some more interesting things about Sigg. Thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE