Fjallraven Vintage 30l Backpack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Does anybody have one of these lying about going unused and would like to sell (or gift) :)

I'm trying to get a traditional/traditional style kit together and wouldn't mind one of these.

o4yO7wF.png

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You thought about one of these rather than the Fjallraven one? LINK I've got one and it's great - especially at that price.

ATB,
GB.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have one that I'd part with. Postage from Ireland is expensive so I'd need to check that first before listing a price. Maybe a trade might be better. Pm me if interested.

Andrew

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
These are great sacks. Very comfortable and functional. Fjallraven sell them new at Euro125. A trade with Andrew (above) sounds like a good deal to me.

If you have not tried one be aware that I would recommend summer use only unless you are going to put a serious waterproof liner in it. They are made of g-1000 which you can wax with Greenland Wax but it is the standard g-1000. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic with a rustic charm (I wouldn't part with mine) but it is certainly not as robust as a Cordura material (even 500D Cordura).

Oh yes - make sure you get the 30L. I tried a 20L...to small and I'm only 5'6". Tamarack used to sell the 20L as children's packs.

Hope that all helps

K

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'm 5'10" and the 20l fits me and its great! I only bought mine about 6 months ago so maybe they changed the pattern?

Great packs and I would part with mine, the 20l does one-nighters great for me too!

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
I'm 5'10" and the 20l fits me and its great! I only bought mine about 6 months ago so maybe they changed the pattern?

Great packs and I would part with mine, the 20l does one-nighters great for me too!

That's a useful update Cameron. I was deadset on the 20L until I got the feedback from Tamarack and tried one...that was when they first came out (years ago!) so your info is probably the best to go on for up to date sizing.

K

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
No mate sorry but lovely bit of kit. Good luck with your hunt :)

Have you looked at alternatives?

I already have the vintage Swedish M39 but wanted to try a modern bag that has traditional/vintage style ;)

You thought about one of these rather than the Fjallraven one? LINK I've got one and it's great - especially at that price.

ATB,
GB.

Already got one bud ;)

I have one that I'd part with. Postage from Ireland is expensive so I'd need to check that first before listing a price. Maybe a trade might be better. Pm me if interested.

Andrew

Thanks will send pm.

These are great sacks. Very comfortable and functional. Fjallraven sell them new at Euro125. A trade with Andrew (above) sounds like a good deal to me.

If you have not tried one be aware that I would recommend summer use only unless you are going to put a series waterproof liner in it. They are made of g-1000 which you can wax with Greenland Wax but it is the standard g-1000. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic with a rustic charm (I wouldn't part with mine) but it is certainly not as robust as a Cordura material (even 500D Cordura).

Oh yes - make sure you get the 30L. I tried a 20L...to small and I'm only 5'6". Tamarack used to sell the 20L as children's packs.

Hope that all helps

K

Thnx bud. It was never my intention to get the 20l, far too small for my needs. Tbh I wish this bag came in a 40+.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
If you want a decent 40L jallraven, try the Helags 40, i have one, Friggin great pack, it will compress down to 30L, and expandable lid takes you up to at least 50L, Trailblazer have them and great service if it helps any!
RM

elags-40-ltr-olive.jpg helag.jpg

Last edited:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
If you want a decent 40L jallraven, try the Helags 40, i have one, Friggin great pack, it will compress down to 30L, and expandable lid takes you up to at least 50L, Trailblazer have them and great service if it helps any!
RM

Thnx but its not the name/origin of the pack but the traditional/vintage style I'm after which is specifically why I was looking to get the pack I mentioned, ie with retro materials, leather straps/buckles etc.

The pack you mention does look really nice but I have others for my non-traditional outings ;)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Thnx but its not the name/origin of the pack but the traditional/vintage style I'm after which is specifically why I was looking to get the pack I mentioned, ie with retro materials, leather straps/buckles etc.

The pack you mention does look really nice but I have others for my non-traditional outings ;)

Know what you mean, I have un-issued 1940's Norgi 20L daypack, and 50L heroe's of telemark pack, Just for those days when i fell like going canvas style and Leather hat!!! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE