Fjallraven stubben

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
Has anyone used or seen the fjallraven stubben rucksack. Can only find one review on YouTube and it's in German.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
If you go on the fjallraven you tube channel there is a review there with English subtitles. I was having a look at it a couple of nights ago.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye-Up andrew_wales,

Gaudette you beat me to it!:)

Andrew - I've been using Fjallraven clothing for years including items made from their G1000 material - be aware that unless the stubben rucksack material is coated inside with a waterproof material (i.e. pvc) or other waterproof material lined; or you use internal individual waterproof bags; and/or you use a waterproof rucksack cover, anything inside will get wet. Even copious (Greenland) waxing gives only limited protection as I have found with the clothing (I use it simply because they make it in favourable colours!). My advice - buy mil or civvy pvc backed cordura (and save some brass!) :lmao:

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
I was fancying the rush 24, but I saw this and liked the look. Also fancy the greenland jacket but if it's not waterproof.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Andrew,
i do have the Stubben and love it to bits. for it's size, it is quite weighty, but i can get a fair amount in it. the pockets are all a decent size and, after a good coating of wax, i've never had any issues with water ingress, even in torrential rain and wind. though, because of the front zip, there is a chance water can get in. it is certainly no less waterproof than any other sack i've ever owned.
The seat is very comfortable as is the simple back system. be warned though, the back wouldn't suit a shorter person, Swmbo is 5' and a peanut, and finds the bottom of the sac digs into her bum. i'm 5' 10" and it fits me perfectly.
Hope this helps

Mark thomas

Dec 2, 2017
Bucks
Hi -

I’ve got one and use it a lot, the side pockets are definitely worth getting as they add handy space for water bottle and cook kit.

The front pockets are deceptive and hold lots of useful small items.

I have added extra wax but not been caught in heavy rain yet so not sure how effective it is. I normally have a poncho just in case anyway.

I do have a number of packs of different styles and sizes and this my favourite , particularly if I’m taking out my spotting scope or binocs and need a seat.

Seat function works great, stable enough for me at 5’10”. The frame also means the pack stays upright.

I believe you can take out the frame but not tried as it looked a tight fit.

Although not designed for this, you can fit a water bladder in between the inner orange lining and the outer material.

One downside is a lack of external attachment straps but you can use the side carrying loops to hook stuff too.

The gap between the side pocket and the main bag can be used to slide in thin items eg walking poles or an axe, but if you put anything heavy then use the side carrying loop to take weight.

I keep a belt threaded through the belt loops but frankly not had to use it as it’s pretty comfy on the shoulders, I guess it depends on how far you walk and how heavy the load.

I’ve got a couple of othe fjallraven packs, a small raven rucksack and a big abisko 75 and all been great so far. I also have a number of their clothing items and not has problems yet.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Reactions: Wandjina

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE