Fjallraven Forester Trousers - Map Pocket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Hi Guys and Girls,

Quick query:

Is the "cargo pocket" on the thigh of the Fjallraven Forester Trousers actually large / deep enough to fit a standard Ordnance Survey map into and still be able to do the pocket flap up? Also, is there a cargo pocket on both thighs, or just one?

I like the look of the trousers, but can't find anywhere nearby that actually stocks them so I could try it out for myself.

Cheers

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
Great trousers overall, I have a couple of pairs. The only problem I have is the presstud on the left which digs in if you don't sit down carefully. (Could alway be the way I sit but the chap from Red Deer Outdoors said it was a common problem)

With regard to map pocket the answer is no, when I put an explorer OS map in you can't do up the flap. Will double check today just to be certain.

Overall very good comfy and hard waring.

Mike

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi
I wear Forester trousers to work in the cooler months and MikeS is correct, an OS map will go into the pocket with about 1.5 cm sticking out, so you can't close the flap. Overall I agree that they are very good hard-wearing Trousers.
Cheers,
Doug.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Ive tried many trousers and these are excellent. I walk in them with a map in the pocket and have no problem with it sticking out.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OS maps fit in the pocket of my foresters! Only just though!
Great trousers as are the Iceland trousers, which I find even better.

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Hi,
I have a pair of both the Forester and the Iceland trousers and I find the Iceland's better for hiking and the Foresters better for crawling and other hunting related activities.
Although the Iceland's are more expensive there are more pockets and they are better arranged. I have no problem getting an OS map into the thigh pocket.
I bought mine online from Tamarack whom I cannot recommend highly enough.
Hope this helps,
Tack

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I have the Iceland trousers and they're great. A lot of pockets and a comfy fit. They are a bit warm during summer hikes imo. But I always wear shorts in the summer so I don't really mind.

Michiel

MikeS

Forager
Sep 5, 2005
Peterborough
I got the foresters for canoeing and they are great apart from that ruddy press stud pressing into my leg when i am sitting in the canoe :rolleyes:

Glad I'm not the only one with a sore leg from time to time.

I got one pair from Tamarack and the other from Red Deer Outdoors. Can't fault either for service.

Will think about Iceland trousers.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No disrespct intended if is not pies but merely bannnock an' bunnies
But then who ate all the pies?
With acknowledgement to all the stand up comics who have already made these lines famous....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE