Fitness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bush Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2009
New Forest
Try and find something you enjoy and remember it’s the days when you don’t feel like it that you really have to force yourself. If you wake up hung over and coughing that’s the time for a 5 mile run! Injuries need assessing by a doctor but most of the time you will just have to work through the pain, I’m a heavy guy and ran a marathon – something always hurt during the first 3 months of training.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
short term fitness is ok hitting it hard for a month or two but what you want to aim for is long term fitness and the key to that is finding something you enjoy cycling and hiking being mine but try a few sports and find one that you look forward to doing it helps if you have a mate to join you

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I'm not sure how young you are but it is never a bad idea to do stretching exercises before stressing your body. No need to feel you look silly warming up just watch any pro athlete of any sort.
Also getting into a daily routine of stretching will be good for your overall suppleness which helps with any form of physical activity.

Steve.

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
I'm not sure how young you are but it is never a bad idea to do stretching exercises before stressing your body. No need to feel you look silly warming up just watch any pro athlete of any sort.
Also getting into a daily routine of stretching will be good for your overall suppleness which helps with any form of physical activity.

Steve.

A controversial opinion, but I think stretching is overrated. Of course if you don't have any physical preparation you need to take caution when you start working out, injuries are prone to happen then. But if you have several years of working out under your belt I think stretching is not as important. It's necessary to get warmed up, but you don't see a lion doing some stretches before it kills something, now do you? :)
Also historically I think hunter-gatherers had some sort of rituals before the hunt, but not actual stretching before saying: "OK I'm warm enough now, time to run after that pray!".

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE