Fiskars or Bahco?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
I'd like to know your opinions about these two brands. I'm planning to buy some items and I want to know if these are worth of trust

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The only Bahco item I have experience of is the Laplander saw, which is a well known favourite of bushcrafters. The Silky saw cuts a bit quicker, but the Laplander is bombproof,

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Depends on the items. Fiskars are a good company....they have shared interests with Gerber and Wilkinson Sword.

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I think the teeth on the Fiskars are set up differently. When side-by-side I opted for the Fiskars (mainly because I like to be different!) and I'm more than happy with it.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
The bahco laplander is a brilliant bit of kit - I also bought a bahco hatchet a year ago, it's seen heavy use ever since and will take a razor edge - really hardwearing - and only £14. No experience of Fiskars, though I've heard good things.

tomongoose

Nomad
Oct 11, 2010
Plymouth
I have used various different Bahco tools over the years and never had problems with any of them I also have a pair of fiskars shears that have lasted me years

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
I am about to return my 2nd fiskars digging fork since August last year. They have a life time warranty but I would prefer it if they just didn't break in the first place. Their customer services last time was great so no complaints there.

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
thanks to all. I'll stard with Bahco laplander saw and then probably I proceed with axe. Thanks a lot to everyone

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Bahco are the parent company that took over Sandvik. I have yet to find fault with the quality.
Sandvik 12c27 is an excellent stainless steel.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just bought myself a fiskars extracta? saw (big boy one).
I am really chuffed with it. I'd heard the blade is a little wobbly, but can confirm that if its used like a saw should be, there is no problem.
Tested it today on some well seasoned oak about 6" diameter. It went through like nobody's business. Tried the Laplander as comparison, and can safely say that the Laplander is now a spare.
The fiskars is an excellent tool. BUT at £26 its a dear one.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The only Bahco item I have experience of is the Laplander saw, which is a well known favourite of bushcrafters. The Silky saw cuts a bit quicker, but the Laplander is bombproof,

Remains_of_Laplander.jpg

Not fireproof though...

I use both brands, Excellent Bahco saws in many forms and a Fiskars splitting axe that I rate highly too.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
My folding saw is a Kosch, which is a rather strange name for a Chinese tool, but I suppose it is meant to sound a bit like Bosch. It does the job it is designed for and unlike a lot of Chinese tools, it has not broken yet or gone blunt. Cheap, cheerful and effective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE