Fish Rack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Isn't the upright stick split in the middle and the fish and skewers inserted into it? Am I looking at the right image?

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
It's called ponassing and the central stick is indeed split and then clamped up the centre of the fish and tied at the top with split roots (or paracord :rolleyes: ). The skewer sticks are to make the fish hang rigid as it cooks.

This shows more of those photos:

HERE

If you search BCUK forums I'm sure you'll find more details, though it's pretty easy to do and salmon or trout taste fantastic cooked this way.
:)

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
cgait said:
Can anyone help me out here. I've been looking at this picture and cant work out how to set it up. Its in the gallery. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7&cat=2

The links below show the preparation, but here is a pic that shows the fish in situ in front of the fire. Hope this helps to explain the MO.

Pot%20hanger_web.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE