First Time For Everything

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Last night I had the chance to get out into the woods, i was planning to do go into the woods with only five items, but in the end thought I would try out the hammock my wife bought me for my birthday.

Apart from putting the hammock up in a few trees here and there I had not slept in it. Well now I see what people always going on about. It was the best nights sleep I have had in the woods in ages.

Below are some pics before my phone died once again (must remember to charge it before I go out)

IMAG0990.jpg

IMAG0991.jpg

IMAG0995.jpg

IMAG0983.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

IMAG0989.jpg

IMAG0986.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

IMAG0994.jpg

IMAG0993.jpg

I dont have an underblanket, but slept fine with my inflatable roll mat in it, but sure any colder i would have felt it.

It was also the first night for my honey stove and zebra which worked great.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Hi Tank.

Great pics, very clear (I love trying out new stuff :))

Looks like a DD setup but if you don't mind my asking, which model hammock is it?

Cheers

Sack

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Hi Tank.

Great pics, very clear (I love trying out new stuff :))

Looks like a DD setup but if you don't mind my asking, which model hammock is it?

Cheers

Sack

Hi Sack,

I have to stop trying new things and settle with what i enjoy lol, its too costly trying something new each time I go out. But your right its loads of fun lol

The hammock is a DD camping hammock, plain and simple and does what it says on the tin.

T.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
It's great seeing threads like this, welcome to the world of happy hangers Tank

And thanks to threads like this.....and comments like this....that I end up changing the way I do things ....so often ;)

So now it looks as though after enjoying the hammock in the garden I'll be looking to enjoy one at night....in the rain...with spiders :)

Nice one lads

Sack

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
shame about the 5 items Tank, very good setup though, nice pic's too......

looking forward to the 5 items next.....;)

thanks Tank...

Five items next time. I ended up going to Belgium over night so had no sleep as left at 7pm friday and got back home 11am saturday and then headed out to the woods at 1pm on sunday. thought i needed to sleep and the hammock was the bit of kit for the job. hopefully will get out this weekend if i can get a baby sitter.

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Looks great, How did you find the inflatable matress? Last time I was out I ended up taking it out, just couldnt get comfy! Slept far better when I Did!

Thanks for sharing!

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Looks great, How did you find the inflatable matress? Last time I was out I ended up taking it out, just couldnt get comfy! Slept far better when I Did!

I found it fine, i heard from a mate not to fully inflate the thing, so just let it blow itself up and didnt put any extra air into it. I took me 2 or three attempts to getting it in the right place as when i got in it ended up moving, but i put it higher up my back (i have a 3/4 mat) and it stayed there until the moring. i will try next time without and and see if i get cold or not.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE