First time bivi use. Any tips?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zealot

Gonna take the bivi into the garden tonight for a first time test run. Anything I should avoid? Was just gonna chuck it straight down onto the grass wet or not. I guess this is what it's designed for...so hey...

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
I have a RAB bivi bag, the super light one. Tried it with thermarest inside the bag and awoke soaked in sweat. Used it with a Karrimat on the outside and no problems.I've used larger, heavier bags with mats inside no bother.

Jay

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have a RAB bivi bag, the super light one. Tried it with thermarest inside the bag and awoke soaked in sweat. Used it with a Karrimat on the outside and no problems.I've used larger, heavier bags with mats inside no bother.

Jay

Interesting point, which I had never considered.

I have used an issue bivvy bag for years this way, and more recently a Snugpak Stratosphere.

Simon

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
This months Trail magazine has a reader field test of bivvi bags. The person using the Alpkit Hulka had a inflatable mat inside the bag, and said that condensation wasn't a problem, and I don't think that the Rab tested had a problem either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE