First Test run

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
I've just got a good deal on a lightly used DD 3x3 Multicam tarp, and all my other recent purchases have arrived so now I have a complete hammock sleeping system capable of all weather/all year round use. The latest British army sleeping system is a bit of alright, if a little bulky/heavy, but it does the job.

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
well i spent another night in the garden, this time under my new DD 3x3 MC Tarp, I slept like a log, I just set the tarp up in a tent style with a walking pole, it rained quite a bit but only woke up a couple of times, slept in the bivi bag and sleeping bag.....next weekend I'm going to try out a different tarp config, maybe see if i can do an A frame with a ridgeline....but I must admit I really liked the tent config.:)

connieboy

Jun 19, 2016
Cambs
I've just got a good deal on a lightly used DD 3x3 Multicam tarp, and all my other recent purchases have arrived so now I have a complete hammock sleeping system capable of all weather/all year round use. The latest British army sleeping system is a bit of alright, if a little bulky/heavy, but it does the job.

sounds great mate. I would love to go down the Hammock route but can't really try it in my garden (no anchor points) and don't really want to try it out first time away from home...LOL

Blueranger

Jun 13, 2015
North East
Has anyone tried the canvas bivi from wynnchester seems to have the best of both worlds as you can sleep with it open covered up in bad weather also it can be used as a hammock

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
sounds great mate. I would love to go down the Hammock route but can't really try it in my garden (no anchor points) and don't really want to try it out first time away from home...LOL

Turtle dog hammock stand...

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Canvas bivy ..., so that means it's most likely waxed too, since canvas in itself is far from waterproof. When it does get wet as canvas is known to do (even when waxed), and absorbs the water, there's no way you get it dry by the next night ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE