First solo trip for sometime

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Power

May 28, 2012
UK
HI,

This is my 1st trip report on here.

I have been given access to a woodland close to where I live after years of searching, and this is my first solo camp for some time.

I arrived in the woods midday on saturday 10th October, and my first planned activity was to explore the woods and foreage for plants and wildlife. sadly i found no wildlife apart from a few signs of Deer and Moles. I did however find a wealth of fungi:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Please feel to comment of what type of fungi these are as I tried to ID them but not 100% sure.

The woods themselves were amazing, full of old oak, hazel and ash trees. Had a warmth feeling to the woods and felt at home straight away.

I took a tarp also as I have never set one up before as well as my tent, as I was there to learn about plants I took a set up to make it easier to work with:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In the morning I spent time ID'ing the plants and fungi I collected the day before.

I also spent time making a pot hanger, I don't think it went to badly as I have not made one like this in years.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And after packing up I left no trace of me being there.

image.jpg

I'm planning another trip mid November, hoping to star gaze as clouds formed this weekend.

Thanks for reading.

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE