First sheath (second attempt at posting)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Hi All,

This is my second attempt at posting a pic of my first sheath, last one ended up in the "How Do I" section- don't ask.

Anyway, this is the new house for my Svord Peasant and started life as a lady's handbag.

My lady-friend did most of the sewing until I get proficient. It was an experiment more than anything else. All comments welcome...

M

23062009097.jpg

img1242f.jpg
img1250z.jpg
img1240o.jpg

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Yeah, fine knife. This was obviously one from the group buy given that it's orange. It's seen a fair bit of use now and I'm actually thinking of changing the grind over to convex after seeing a video of it on Youtube.

pwb

Yeah, fine knife. This was obviously one from the group buy given that it's orange. It's seen a fair bit of use now and I'm actually thinking of changing the grind over to convex after seeing a video of it on Youtube.

The edge wasn't great, I gave mine a good rub on a stone.
Loads better now :).

Is this the Youtube vid your talking about M .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLohb_lJ2hI

Might give it a try.

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Yip, that be the one. I really like that video, especially when his kid keeps interrupting him. Lovin' it.

I also gave mine a rub on the wet and dry to smarten it up, but am going to try the convex option when I get a chance.

I'll let you know how it goes,

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE