First Post Very First Knife Lots of Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

Seaco

Sorry for not answering earlier but I've been busy making sets of doors for two yachts out of teak very stressful...

I'm especially impressed with the way you've done that bevel, any chance of a look at that link for the jig.Jon.

That is great! Do you still have the link to that jig, it looks like just the job :)

Hi jondavy & Indoorsout

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7978&highlight=apexroidsblade

Where did you get the idea for materials, shape and dimensions from?

Hi Lostplanet
It was really looking on the net at many pics and then asking my father what he needed then it was just a matter of sitting down drawing around the piece of steel then designing the blade within it...

That's a stunning first knife, good job.
How comes you had all those tools already?

Hi Zammo

I don't know if I mentioned it but I do alot of hobbiest wood work and alot of the tools I use for that are ok for knife making and as I said I made the blade jig for the knife and hopefully many others...

Lee

If you send it to me here in Canada, I could test it for you on Canadian wood and then I would send you a postcard with details about how it went - thanks Pict for the idea. Just a thought.

(Very Nice Knife!!! - the photos are very useful too, showing the rig you've got set up...)

cheers,

Mungo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE