First large wood spirit.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
While I was at the moot last week, I thought I'd try my hand at carving a large wood spirit. the log is about three foot tall. I've only made two small ones before, so I was very happy with the result. I hope you like it.

013.jpg 014.jpg

Taken at night in the camp.

102.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Really nice work Colin, see I knew you were more than just posh face.:) Though first the leatherwork, then the camp-kitchen and now wood carving too - I was at the back of the family cue obviously.

Like the surreal way he hovers in the spot lit picture.

Toodles,
Colin.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thanks for the the kind comments guys, they are much appreciated.

Like the surreal way he hovers in the spot lit picture.
Toodles,
Colin.

Yes, lit her up by accident one night, and thought it would make a good picture. Had a hell of a time keeping Girl to rub sitting still as a model.:lmao:
Toodles? tooodles?

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
lovely carving Colin, especially like the night shot it certainly defines the shape. :) what tools did you use?

Thanks woodspirits. I used a couple of gouges, and a Mora Robust. I did the pupils with the end of a brace bit heated in my fire.

Nice work mate. Great to see people expanding their skills :)

Orric

Thanks Orric. I just had the opportunity and thought I had to have a go.

Thanks for all the good comments folks.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Good looking job there fella. Glad to see it nesting so well in your garden.

Sadly mine has had to be left in the UK to be collected around December. I've had my Mum stash it out of the elements but close enough to the ground to keep it a bit damp, hopefuly the wood will still be green enough to carve over Christmas. As I was carving the face of my own woodspirit in the other half of that log the water was seeping out of it like a wet sponge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE