First kydex sheath

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
well, i have been asked quite a lot now, to make some kydex sheaths, so decided to buy the stuff, i decided to make a kydex sheath for my falkniven f1, the sheath is made form 1.5mill kydex, and the belt loop is 2mill kydex, i made the fire steel loop out of leather, as this is something that i really would like to do more often, and thats combine the two together, i don't mind just making the kydex sheaths, but having the two together, you are getting the best of both worlds, my love will always be leather, as kydex does not get better with age, and just does not have that feel and smell, but if you are in wet conditions all the time, or need to save weight, there is a market for the kydex sheaths.
hope you like it.

kydex, and leather sheath, for falkniven f1 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

003 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

006 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

009 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all coments are welcome.
take care
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
awesome work Lee, does it come in tactical Afghan style....;)
lol, will be ordering some digi camo, in the afgan sand colour mate, and a few other colours, really looking forward to having a propper play with this, but need to get all the other stuff out the way first.
take care bud.
lee.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice work again Lee. :)

I like kydex, its perfect when paired with a stainless blade. Prefer leather for carbon though.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
great work Lee.

Always has it's place but I'm an old fashioned leather man, never kept any Kydex stuff for long.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Looks great that Lee, really smart.

I'm with Rich, I think a mix of leather and kydex works great. A hedgehog style sheath with a kydex retention insert would be seriously cool.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE