First indoor fire of the year :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
We had our chimney swept today, and as a celebration we’ve now got a nice big fire in the fireplace - the first of the season! It is so nice to come into the room with the lovely warmth and light show that the fire gives. It is also a nice payback for work done to fill the log and coal store that is now ready for the winter......

Happy Autumn to All!

Cheers, Bob

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Have to wait till tomorrow night as having mine swept tomorrow morning. It's getting a bit chilly of an evening now. I'm realy looking forward to the first fire of the season .

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Autumn turned into the first snowfall in the village last night. Just enough to make the rooftops white by morning.
Most everybody has some kind of heat on. I'm running the central heating, nothing special to look at I'm afraid.
The big pellet stove is stone cold, not supposed to be lifting 40lb sacks for some time to come.
I'd like a fireplace, even just for show, in the evenings this winter.

Reactions: Nice65

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I lit one this weekend just past. I've not put on the oil-fired central heating, yet, though. Night time temperatures are going down to about 8°C some nights, but others it stays around 12°C... quite warm.

After a few days of intermittent showers, there are mosquitoes trying to get into the house.

Mosquitoes, in October!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I lit my little Aarrow Acorn 4 for the first time last week and had a good burn of last years logs. Now very well seasoned by the warm summer the logs roared and I got too hot, glued to the sofa, then had to open the windows to cool down a bit :)

Reactions: Woody girl

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Thanks ... for reminding me that we haven't got in any wood yet. Trip to the clearcut coming up, I guess. Not specially looking forward to it, I have to say.

I'd been wondering why I had a cold nose.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I’m jealous. We’re supposed to get our first cold snap late this week. It might even get down to 75f (24c) at night.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Im jealous of anyone with a wood stove or can have a wood fire in their house. I desperately want one but our house has an old style back boiler in the chimney so I would have to tear the chimney wall down and rebuild it to get one in.

Im jealous of anyone with a wood stove or can have a wood fire in their house. I desperately want one but our house has an old style back boiler in the chimney so I would have to tear the chimney wall down and rebuild it to get one in.
I have to wait until I get to my parents house to enjoy an open fire!
So, in the winter/autumn I have found a great alternative!! Non outdoorsy friends and the missus think I'm crazy...

or this one?

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
I have to wait until I get to my parents house to enjoy an open fire!
So, in the winter/autumn I have found a great alternative!! Non outdoorsy friends and the missus think I'm crazy...

or this one?

I would watch the first one a it's in closer to the fire. Reminds me in the early day's of Satellite TV in the 90's when you could pick up all the German channels at the same time, RTL1 used to have something similar on throughout the night, a log fire burning which looped every hour and a half.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
A city TV station always runs a fireplace loop like that on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

Nobody has mentioned this = what all do you cook in your fireplaces?
I did brats and hot dogs when my kids were little. All the trimmings on a blanket for a picnic.
Then out came the marshmallows.
You people, too?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I love roasting chestnuts on my indoor fire. When the kids were small we used to do toast if they wanted a snack before bed. We've also done smores. When the power went out we'd do beans and toast . Nothing like eating your supper on the rug in front of the fire by candlelight.

Gu4y9blxtG8djDZqC55pHWUuvpzhAJAxV0rNOr2vHKl2oV3_N_yHQ55VpdCxTZ8pQohjxUx-FMLpWfr8uaP5cNqhjCYpPpB4T_RpSKdIKU66PmfKS8pDnG0mx4lFfkB8D1_YRf3l4baHTthX4n3nDW9MJNWIoYYFdZBkUzA9HNZUp631qiaRpDRtNNExD9hg8o3BsxZb2qZPWyGWJ-qPcMIfgcYERcdb3OjeB6oysc7Un0rEfmu4LM3GpHcfv7BuXMhPHOehghAY5a43QGeZnWQksR6lkeyMIOUNtl169a2ps7hmBvxA8JoQdVoQdQXvkyUzJX-SY-C9rWgaxPuc__W278drVRznaMeP9JiuJL1Oi0lQ3IdrYckADRFhSMlI6nNRqr9sanyNWE3qOYL5v9nmuk4IBBXJeHTE123j3-8uW6qRGgQ1IyJcz5a-jp-D19684Ewyk98W0kHj53HIAwFXseXB-suNjLTYdxITQCt5K9zC60ab0bKCCRcWC93bvHJkEN6jKtUZo2ExrmxTrNcdw1EiRH7QAHEXEud8DQQrKx80QffsYOhu4Cbgb9wobiyNZOCQPgFj5SyktAr7uPWezm_wUdL34U4xGIW0FIG6M3l4NiYslCksSRriKQ-noBeVlPPgtjRsncrZqnSZmquZZ_GcphC5dssugl6uVgw0pjQth3b0DA=w1792-h1344-no

First ... would rather of been out in the woods though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE