First Cuckoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
No sign at all here.................this is much the latest arrival for a good few years up by me..................can't wait, though, it's always been one of the big days of the year for me since I was a kid................

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Me too. There's that moment when you hear the first one, and you freeze motionless to make sure you heard it correctly. Then it calls again and a huge grin spreads over your face :D

Or is that just me being weird again? :theyareon

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Can't remember who said it, but a great description of the sound is " Melancholy and Optimism in Equal Measure " I think that's a lovely phrase, and I heard it a long time before " in equal measure " became common currency.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Me too. There's that moment when you hear the first one, and you freeze motionless to make sure you heard it correctly. Then it calls again and a huge grin spreads over your face :D

Or is that just me being weird again? :theyareon
No, it's not you. That's exactly what happens when I hear that sound for the first time each year :)

No cuckoo this year, but I live in a city and I only hear them when I am out in the countryside, so chances are not that good to catch that first one ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE