First Adder this year.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
I nearly stepped on this little chap on sunday morning!
It was quite happy for me to take a quick snap on the phone (my excuse for the poor quality :p)
I didnt want to get to close and it soon vanished as the dog got close which I was glad about!
I hear every year of dogs getting bitten in this area so I dont walk here when it gets warm although this is the first time I have seen one in the open!

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Thanks for looking
Joel.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
he,s a beaut,..

was it just sat in the sun?,..what time in the morning was it?..where abouts were you?...

well done on the pics mate...

hah soz for the barrage of questions,..

what camera did you use?...jk

Stu

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have never seen an adder in the wild do they venture up north or is it too cold

They are there in good numbers right up to Scotland. They are found further north than any other reptile. Their other common name is the Northern viper.

Now is a great time to get out and see them. Males are in their bright mating colours and they are less nervous and more inquisitive than normal as they are searching for mates. They also stop out and about much longer after midday than they do later in the year. It's a small window of oppurtunity, so anyone wanting to see them in the wild should do so now.

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
Ha :) as you know I am no camera expert but i believe
I was using the 15 mega pixel telephoto zoom backlit flashing auto focus ultra light weight apple, or when in my clumsy hands... my phone :p

It was on Strensall common in York at the back of the firing range... yes i know, stupid place to be :rolleyes: haha but you can go there when the flags are down!

It was about 10 am, I had been on there ages helping a guy look for his dog!
Not sure if he found it.... maybe the adder got to it first :yikes:

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
I seen one on Sunday morning , but i never had ma camera .... lovely colours a tan coloured body with a black diamond back ,, awesome ....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE