Firesteel search

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
I'm looking for a firesteel to go with my Mark Jacobs knife.

Does anyone on the forum make/sell such things and not just the usual things you can buy commercially?

Any pointers gratefully received.

atb

John

John,

You should consider making one yourself. Here's a link to an article with instructions for how to make your own. You don't need fancy tools and it's fun. And even if your work isn't "professional quality," you get a great deal of satisfaction from carrying equipment you've made into the woods.

How to Make a Custom Firesteel without Fancy Tools

But if you decide to purchase one, I can refer you to several websites in the US where you can get one.

- Woodsorrel

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You wanting to match your knife handle John? I have a few bits of micarta, G10, and woods hanging about. Some is handle scale material, some are furniture workshop offcuts that I use as kindling.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi Rich,
Im looking to make a firesteel to go with my Mark Jacob knife yes. Ive just ordered some blanks so yes if youve got three pieces of micarta or stabalised wood id be happy to buy them from you.

Thanks mate

John

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi Rich,
Im looking to make a firesteel to go with my Mark Jacob knife yes. Ive just ordered some blanks so yes if youve got three pieces of micarta or stabalised wood id be happy to buy them from you.

Thanks mate

John

I'm away just now, I'll sort a few bits when I'm home and PM you some pics. I'm not after anything for them, you'd be welcome.

Reactions: scottisha5

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE