Firesteel pimping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
Well, got my very first firesteel today, the cadet model with the plastic handle. I had to check and yes, I can get good sparks :p but I have a question regarding pimping...

How do you remove the plastic handle without ruining the rod? This one was available locally and they don't have the plain rod version, so if I'm gonna pimp, this is the one.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Grimnir said:
Well, got my very first firesteel today, the cadet model with the plastic handle. I had to check and yes, I can get good sparks :p but I have a question regarding pimping...

How do you remove the plastic handle without ruining the rod? This one was available locally and they don't have the plain rod version, so if I'm gonna pimp, this is the one.

Grimnir,

Most of us buy the plain rods rather than remove the handles - I guess you could cut or grind the handle off (or melt? :yikes: ). You might find life easier if you gave Andrew at Outdoorcode a call - about £6 for a thick plain rod (army size) and only £1 for postage whatever you buy

Red

leon-1

Grimnir said:

When you say cadet do you mean the 6mm version??

If that is the case and you want one that size without a handle drop me a PM as I have a few in my workshop/garage:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE