Firesteel blanks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Does anyone know where I can get a couple of firesteels without the handles on? The larger size about 10mm or so.
I want to put my own handles on but don't know where to get the sticks from.
I oredered some from Attleborough Accessories but they were the scout style and not what I'm after.

Alternatively, there is somewhere (in Scotland I think) that sells them with wood handles already on. Does anyone know the details and a web site at all?

Thanks

Mark

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I bought mine at the WG - I think it was from Tregor - but the business was being sold I recall, a while ago. Perhaps see if the website is still running....

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
why not just yank the plastic bit off a normal one , drill a 10mm hole in whatever you like and shove it on?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
why not just yank the plastic bit off a normal one , drill a 10mm hole in whatever you like and shove it on?
You can do that .... but its cheaper to buy the rods unhandled..... also some of them have their handles glued on which takes a bit of work to get it off.

:)
Ed

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Tony said:
Lots of choice there, best bet though would be to have a word with Stuart before you decide on getting them from anyone else. ;)

Not all trails lead to the light nor do all tunnels lead us into darkness.

hootchi

Settler
Buckshot said:
... Alternatively, there is somewhere (in Scotland I think) that sells them with wood handles already on. Does anyone know the details and a web site at all? ...
Hi Mark

Is this the thread but the site isn't working for me at the moment? I think MagiKelly deals with Mike a bit with regards to sheaths and the nice firesteels. :cool:

Cheers

Doug

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE