Firesteel Blank Group Buy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks for popping in Cam - a very generous offer ofn the donation - you have rep (which, as a new member, you have no idea what it is, but you have it regardless).

Guys, check out cam's site - his firesteels with a wood turned handle are a bargain (actually an amazing bargain), well worth a look for the talent impaired!

red

firesteelcam said:
Hi,
I just heard about the group buy from one of your menbers 'British Red', who had started the pimp my firesteel thread on this site. :lmao:
Just a few things to say, firstly hello to all , and a big thankyou for your interest in my business. I started firesteel.co.uk just over a year ago after being amazed by the product, but dismayed at having to pay about £12 to buy a piece of metal with a plastic handle. :(
After some time I managed to source a supplier who was a manufacturer, not a reseller, and decided to sell at the lowest possible markup to encourage a higher turnover. Luckily I have an established business in industrial flooring, so I was not reliant on firesteel sales to earn money. Also I have the finance to risk sending thousands of pounds to an initially unknown supplier the other side of the world before any product appears. :eek:
Initially I think people presume a low price equates to low quality, but many of my customers now are repeat customers, I also supply many of the custom knife makers around the world including the famous one with the 2 year waiting list.

Answers to question from Madrussian....postage to the USA. I have just weighed 5 steels in a padded envelope and looked on Royal Mail postage calculater. £3.89.

Phil, Thanks for your input...I don't envy you packing them all up! As for the £3 to post on, there will be a bit of profit, but not much, I charge a bit more than it costs to cover my time and petrol to the PO. I think its great to donate the left over, and as a thankyou I will send £10 for every 55 firesteels bought to your charity. I will pay direct to just giving, you will be able to see my donation.
I will keep popping back to answer any questions. :D
Regards
Cam
firesteel.co.uk

Hi Cam,

I had no idea you were a member :rolleyes:

Hope that there is no problem with me doing this group buy - I just wanted to try and put back something into the BCUK community after being on the receiving side of some my good things :D

As for your offer to dontate £10 for every 55 firesteels ordered that is wonderful and very generous of you :You_Rock_

I will keep you posted and place the order with you when we have several allocations full.

Thanks for popping by the thread and posting your message.

Cheers,

Phil.

Right guys,

The Second Allocation is now nearly full.

I would like to get the firesteels ordered from the supplier and dispatched to you as soon as possible.

Here’s the plan: -

1. If you have ordered please ensure that your BCUK user name and requested amount of firesteels is listed in the Allocation tables in the first post at the bottom of this thread.

2. I will PM you with my Pay Pal details – THIS IS THE PREFERED METHOD OF PAYMENT - below this I will include my name and address for those of you that would like to pay by cheque. Please include with your payment you BCUK User name!!!!!

Once the majority have paid by Pay Pal I will place the order with Cam for the First and Second Allocation. I will only dispatch to you guys after receiving cleared funds.

I will start a Third Allocation if there is enough demand.

Hope this is all clear.

Cheers,

Phil.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
You are a hero! I'm even more pleased now that we are also helping a fellow traveller. I'll send a cheque as soon as you like just let me know when. :You_Rock_

firesteelcam

Oct 23, 2006
RUGBY
www.firesteel.co.uk
By Phil
Hope that there is no problem with me doing this group buy - I just wanted to try and put back something into the BCUK community after being on the receiving side of some my good things

No probs at all mate, more the merrier, all part of the beer fund. :beerchug:
Luckily I have recently had new stock in. :D
Its nice to put something back, it makes yer feel good. :)
Cam

Hi,

All of First and Second Allocation buyers should now have a Payment Request via PM.

Please follow the request and send funds soonest and order from the firesteels from Cam I will dispatch as quickly as I can.

I will added PAID to the Allocation Table at bottom oncce funds have been received.

Thanks for all your prompt responses :You_Rock_

Cheers,

Phil.

Reactions: British Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE