Fire side snifters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I found the missing bottle of Grand Marnier! I had actually put it in the back of the cupboard again. How domestic. There really is enough for a sip after supper.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
….aaaaand tonight it’s another new malt to me: Penderyn single malt Welsh whiskey (Madeira finish). Quite different again, but strong and smooth, supplied in quite an art nouveau styled bottle. Very nice after a damp day’s beating. Cheers!

Reactions: Broch

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I quite enjoy a bit of Tamnavulin from time to time but typically reach for gin or simply just a nice beer if I’m honest.

Drumshanbo gunpowder gin is my current bottle on the go. And it was Downton Explorers Gin before that. Both are excellent.

Actual “round the fire tipple” is quite typically a cup of tea, hot chocolate (though that can often be reserved for the morning after, preferably with an enormous bacon roll) or if I can get it a nice bottle of mead.

Cheers
Andy

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
For me it would be good quality cowboy coffee! Contact coffee Co more than likely, or a good bourbon of the Makers mark/Buffalo trace variety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Rip the top off a Keurig dark roast-type coffee pod. Into a Lagostina press. Junk the pod. One, two, you know what to do.

Into a 12 oz mug on top of 4 oz Grand Marnier.
I always make a second one just to be sure that I got the taste right.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Mum gave me a bottle of Tamnavulin a couple weeks ago, it was from my dearly departed dads collection. Raised a small measure to the sky on the 20th (his bday), really lovely flavours!

Wifey bought me a bottle of Laphroaig - assuming it's pronounced "laff-frawg"? any help on pronunciation would be appreciated hahah, had a tipple last night, very nice!! The smokey flavour is delectable!

Reactions: bobnewboy

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Bit of an odd one, but has anyone tried any alcohol free whiskeys?

I've noticed recently that 0% stuff is becoming quite popular, beers seemed the be the first, ciders I've noticed and recently gins and rums. For the record, not tried any of them other than the beers...

Not come across any whiskeys yet, but they must be out there for those that can't have..

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Well we decided to take a somewhat impromptu trip to the highlands, so 10+hrs driving later etc and we're on our 3rd night... totally not bushcrafting, found a lovely property with a bath an all hahaha...

But I ask about 0% whiskey as I have a scottish friend loving down south who can't drink (long story) and wondering if there are any homely alternatives..

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I think I could brew some strong coffee and dope that up with herbs and/or spices to make a respectable drink out of it.
White wine for me must have chopped lime and orange chunks.
Rye on ice is a traditional logger's lunch here.
Dark rum over orange juice is just too easy to drink.
4 oz Grand Marnier can't be swilled.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Tonight it’s a nice measure of Aberlour 12 y.o Double Cask Speyside malt by the fire. Verrrrry smoooth. This following a beautiful blue and sunny day in the field rabbiting :)

Reactions: Broch

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Balvenie Doublewood for me, subscribe and save sometimes works :)
Absolutely. I’m afraid, as I may have said before, that my selections are at the behest of the offers made under the Tesco Clubcard scheme. The offers vary frequently, and the Aberlour is no longer listed on the Tesco website, even though I only bought it on Wednesday. However, the offer scheme is working out very well for me :), and in a direct sense at least, saves me some significant money - anything up to £15 a bottle. That brings malt whisky down to (in my mind) a reasonable spend for a luxury item.

I should perhaps add that I have no connection with the store, we just shop there when we need to.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE