Finnish Defence Forces Surplus Stores

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Excellent pair of winter trousers, although there were not many sizes to choose from. These were developed and used by the Finnish Air Force from the 1970s onwards. The insulation is polyester wadding inside nylon-cotton blend covering.

image.jpg

Field shirts by the dozens.

image.jpg

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Bought some new-old stock traditional hats made out of wool and faux fur from an auction, simply because they were available. Don't know yet what I will do with them, maybe you do?

image.jpg

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Excellent pair of winter trousers, although there were not many sizes to choose from. These were developed and used by the Finnish Air Force from the 1970s onwards. The insulation is polyester wadding inside nylon-cotton blend covering.

image.jpg

Field shirts by the dozens.

image.jpg

Where can I buy this shirts ?

Jan 29, 2017
US
Apart from the local eBay equivalent (www.tori.fi and www.huuto.net), there are three online surplus stores in Finland:

www.swat.fi
www.supernova.fi
www.varusteleka.fi

Another question Martii,

Any Finnish sites that are strictly (or mostly) Firearm/militaria related (or Trader) "Forums" with members (with a setup like this one that may consists of primarily Fin members or a .fi site) that you know of? I found one forum, but I do not think it is as active as I expected. This forum is great for some things I am interested in but would like to find some Fin or German forums of the nature I mentioned above aswell.

Also, what percentage of folks in Finland speak English would you say? Is it similar to Germany where most folks know English VERY well and is mandatory to learn in school, or would I be better of getting my text translated to Finnish on Forums?

Being the firearm laws are relaxed there, I assume there are alot of forums (or atleast a few well known ones or maybe even ebay-like firearm auction sites I would assume).

Any and all info would be appreciated, the other links were great and I greatly appreciate them, I had been to all of them already, except for 2, yet still no luck.

Feel free to PM me aswell if needed.

Bests,

-Tony

Last edited:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Any Finnish sites that are strictly (or mostly) Firearm/militaria related (or Trader) "Forums" with members (with a setup like this one that may consists of primarily Fin members or a .fi site) that you know of?

The Arms Historic Society of Finland does firearm and militaria auction twice a year.

Also, what percentage of folks in Finland speak English would you say? Is it similar to Germany where most folks know English VERY well and is mandatory to learn in school, or would I be better of getting my text translated to Finnish on Forums?

According to Statistics Finland, over 80 % of the Finnish people between ages 18 and 64 claim to know English.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE