Finnish Defence Forces Surplus Stores

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
From a recent auction:

1. Border Guard amphibian.

image.jpg

oh i like that. is that a propeller at the rear.?

Yes it is.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Basically a militarized airboat with an enclosed cabin and land wheels then?

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Hardly any kind of that really solid surplus I'd like to see. Some knives and some cool museum-like displays. Maybe I expected more, because of their website.... Went out empty handed... me!

Most of the cheap and relatively high quality Cold War surplus has been sold during the late-2000s and early-2010s. Varusteleka has launched their own line of reproductions, but I feel these are not as high quality items as the items they try to mimic. The Finnish Defence Forces still has some stores left, but I'm afraid these won't last forever.

Last edited:

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Good to know Martti.
Overhere in the 80/90-ies surplus stores were quite ok, some really good! especially with owner who liked vintage stuff themselves.
Now they are in general not interesting.
The only modern Dutch army gear which I like and wear is the Merino wool beanie and the winter socks long wool.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Finnish Defence Forces bicycles.

image.jpg

I quess they know how to make excellent bicycle saddles in the Netherlands?

image.jpg

Piles of pre-cut 16 oz wool fabric.

image.jpg

Last edited:

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Hi Martti

Lepper saddles is still around:
http://www.lepper.nl/

So bad I do not live more nearby, I would love to buy a bike like that (that rusty for cheap :) )!

Also I really get excited by all the wool around there!

could you post photos of the jackets availalble?

What a NOS goldmine :)

Last edited:

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
I really like those blue grey ones!

Finally it is a bit colder here, really liked my finish surplus trousers, was outside all day. They even survived some windy flames of a camp fire when adjusting my shelter. Just some light fire impact.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE