Finnish Defence Forces Surplus Stores

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I didn't have my camera with me, but saw a few relatively well preserved parachutists rucksacks in the store for 60 € each. These are 80 litre rucksacks used by paratroopers and other special troops in the Finnish Defence Forces. The image below is scanned from a Finnish manual.

LJK.jpg

Sep 11, 2014
Maidstone, KENT
.... a few relatively well preserved parachutists rucksacks....

That reminds me of my first rucksack. A no name something.
The external frame was aluminium. The mesh on it could move up & down to suit, and
it allowed your back to breath.
The option to remove the sack & use the frame to carry wood etc. was also a bonus.

I wonder how heavy they are ?

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Found a set of drawings for the Finnish Defence Forces m/36 platoon tent. I think I could probably built one from all the supplies found from these depot stores.

m36t.jpg

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I find it interesting that the FDF dont release tentage to the public .

can you get all the fabric then Martti ? in camo or green ?

looks like a fantastic project

all the best

Cliff

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I find it interesting that the FDF dont release tentage to the public .

They have been using these tents for 80 years now and although they no longer manufacture new ones, the old ones probably last a bit with proper maintenance. Tents are one of the items that the FDF never sells in usable condition, but they do sometimes rent them for certain associations.

can you get all the fabric then Martti ? in camo or green ?

They do not sell tent fabrics, but I would have similar, acceptable fabric in my disposal if I would decide to build one.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You should get a quantity of those ax heads and sell on this forum.
Great design, we had similar in my unit. Axe on one side, hammer on the other. I guess the steel is first class, like most military spec equipment!

In Sweden most real mil surplus was sold or destroyed around 20 years ago. Not much left now.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Wauw Marrti!
That is first class.
some designs! I love them, they are soulfull and look very practical too.
I just love that vintage gear. That was a time when they really used tools in the Woods.
Stuff like this is not produced anymore. They become more valuable per day.

I hope you can sell some through group buy!

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Whats the price of the axes

I can't really say, the prices are highly dependent of the condition of the axe, the model and where the axe is being sold. Please, send me a private message if you're interested of a certain model!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE