Finished Sheath, thanks for the help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Hi All,

Just finished the sheath and I am really happy with how it has turned out.

It is 3.3mm veg tan leather from ebay, £10 delivered for the lot. I used a welt and it has been wet formed around the handle. The stud again is from ebay and I have 9 spare! I used really super strong brewed coffee for the dying.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

The pics make it look red but is more a dark brown and it was verging on disaster as per http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88278

I didn't end up waxing I was just really happy with it once it had been polished and I didn't want it to go darker. I only used really simple tools, a drill, pocket knife, 1 leather needle and a lot of hard work. While doing it I had a quote from Luckylee as I thought it was all going wrong and I love his work and was amazed how cheap he was. If I had charged for my time it would have been about twice the price he quoted and looking at how much effort, blood and sweat was involved it is certainly a more sensible option to use a maker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE