finished paracord handle on fiskars camp hatchet

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Thanks for all your efforts in providing the tutorial videos, I've just started having a go at this on a piece of inch and a half dowel, I was stuck at first with what to use as a needle ,do you have a better picture on how yours holds the paracord ?

I've just made one out of a piece of sushi chopstick, not sure how long it will last but it has lasted for about six passes so far, and as the cross section is oval it makes it easier to thread.

Will try and post pictures of my needle If I can work out how to. ( not sure my attempt at the turks head knot is up to public display standards yet :lmao: )

Thanks

MB

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
mine was made for me custom and is no longer available. google "anglefire skateworld" and you'll find a knotter site that sells some that work with paracord. the end is threaded and you "screw" in the burned end of paracord
Thanks for all your efforts in providing the tutorial videos, I've just started having a go at this on a piece of inch and a half dowel, I was stuck at first with what to use as a needle ,do you have a better picture on how yours holds the paracord ?

I've just made one out of a piece of sushi chopstick, not sure how long it will last but it has lasted for about six passes so far, and as the cross section is oval it makes it easier to thread.

Will try and post pictures of my needle If I can work out how to. ( not sure my attempt at the turks head knot is up to public display standards yet :lmao: )

Thanks

MB

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'm told that their largest is not enough for paracord; but I don't know that for sure.

I do - I bought one. It claimed it was suitable for paracord diameter but you have to jump through hoops to get it to work. My trick is to part shove a cocktail stick down the end then bind with sellotape. You have to reconcile yourself with losing the last couple of inches - but in my experience there's always a bit of trimming to do anyway.

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
mine was made for me custom and is no longer available. google "anglefire skateworld" and you'll find a knotter site that sells some that work with paracord. the end is threaded and you "screw" in the burned end of paracord

Thanks Paracordist

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE