Finished my leather water bottle .

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I started this before christmas and did,nt get back to it till yesterday where i shaped it using pearl barley ,i dryed it out overnight on the radiator ,and dyed and waxed it today.This is the first costrel i have done ,i made this for myself after lusting after one when i saw Groovski,s .it holds around 3 1/4 pint.

Picture2550.jpg

Picture2551.jpg

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
That's very nice mate, I've been meaning to do one myself but have to decide which pan will be lost to bees wax.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
amazing mate, what thickness of leather do you use for one of these, would love to see a tutorial on how to make one of these, very nice mate.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Very nice!!!

One quick question what did you use to stretch the leather over? and how long did you have to leave it for so that it took on the shape that you wanted?

Dave

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Fantastic Gill, great stuff pal looks a stoater.That looks a great bit of kit, we,ll need to wet its heid.

phil

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
amazing mate, what thickness of leather do you use for one of these, would love to see a tutorial on how to make one of these, very nice mate.

Very nice!!!

One quick question what did you use to stretch the leather over? and how long did you have to leave it for so that it took on the shape that you wanted?

Dave

If you do a search on the forum here there are a couple of tutorials on how to make water bottles. I have done one as has Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE