Fingerless Gloves?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Ive got a pair of ski gloves but there no good for fidly work. So what have you guys found to be the best fingerless gloves
Cheers
Jacob

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Barbour woolen fingerless gloves are great ,been wearing them for about 3 years or so and i love them .Thing is my fingertips have never been cold wearing them!!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've found the Woolpower/Ulfrotte fingerless gloves to be really useful. Because of their relative lack of bulk, they slip inside a glove once you've finished doing your fiddly bits. I've not tried the gloves where you can peel back the fingers but I reckon the empty fingery bits must get in the way a bit, particularly when doing close work.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I found some OD knitted wool fingerless gloves in a surplus shop years ago and wear them quite a bit, they're handy under a bigger mitt for the fiddly stuff like using the Kelly Kettle.

I wear wristies quite a lot too in the colder months, the ones I have now are meraklon but I'd like to get some wool replacements one day. It's amazing the difference they make just by covering up the wrists and the back of the hands.

Last edited:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I like the wool ones you can turn into a mitt if needed I think Jack Pyke do another good version of this

And as Shewie said Wristlets are an excellent benefit I use the BCB green ones small enough to put in a coat pocket when they are not needed

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have several fold back fingerless gloves. They are fine unless you are a dirty git like me and you wipe your cold nose on them in the open position. Velcro hooks being dragged across a cold chapped nose smarts just a bit!!

Steve.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I wear wristies. Like fingerless mitts but no finger holes at all. They are long so they good down well over your wrist so the blood is not chilled as it passes the wrist where it is just under the skin. I have ex mil ones that are thick white wool, and green merkalon ones from Penrith survival. Great pieces of kit.

Granite Head

Nomad
Aug 16, 2011
Dublin Mountains
+1 for wristlets, this time of year I have a pair of wool Swedish army wristlets for indoors and out.
I wear wirsities quite a lot too in the colder months, the ones I have now are meraklon but I'd like to get some wool replacements one day. It's amazing the difference they make just by covering up the wrists and the back of the hands.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
These are the ones I use Jacob ..

http://www.subzero.co.uk/gloves/meraklon/sub-zero-meraklon-thermal-wrist-warmers

No problem either tucking them into a glove or having them on the outside

mmmmmmm...
Me like site, But wery pricey. :(

Ill defo get the wristlets. I like the look of the basic baselayers-
what do you think?
http://www.subzero.co.uk/budget/budget-bloo-john-thermal-underwear-base-layer-leggings

http://www.subzero.co.uk/budget/budget-long-sleeve-thermal-underwear-base-layer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE