Field Archery on TV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
thanks for posting that. Good to see field archery getting some coverage, even if it only lasted a couple of minutes :eek:

I think my favourite line was the guy's reply when asked "how am I doing?". "The ones that you hit, you hit well." I can relate to that :lmao:

Any idea which club that was? I didn't recognise the venue, but I've been out of the loop for quite a while sadly :(

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
That looks really cool as a sport and the whole rule system and course layout looks great. Shame that bow hunting is illegal in the UK. ( Not a Rant)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Thanks for the link. I don't know the club but the happy faces are always good to see. Seemed to be lots of 3 fingers under shooting too.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Seemed to be lots of 3 fingers under shooting too.

I thought that too. it could be that it was filmed mid-week and the only folk who could come out for the cameras happened to be that way inclined. Or part of a beginners class and that's how they were being taught?

Dont know which club. Might have been South Wilts looking at the woodland, although I dont remember any big bits of water in their ground.

It kinda looked familiar on second viewing, but it's been almost a decade since i was shooting regularly now :( Kinda reminds me of a venue at a horse riding place that I went to a couple of times, they used to but an alligator on the waters edge and there were very steep downhill shots towards the water? that would be Dorset or Wilts I think

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
thanks for posting that. Good to see field archery getting some coverage, even if it only lasted a couple of minutes :eek:

I think my favourite line was the guy's reply when asked "how am I doing?". "The ones that you hit, you hit well." I can relate to that :lmao:

Any idea which club that was? I didn't recognise the venue, but I've been out of the loop for quite a while sadly :(

ITV Westcountry have studios at my place of work, spoke to Matthias the reporter today and he said it's a archery club near Brixham......And he enjoyed himself too:D
It's a hard job hob-nobbing with the journos:35:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE