FGYT's 6mm DSP review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It's a nice enough knife, but it's hardly "revolutionary"
I've got a knife kicking about somewhere that my father gave me 25 years ago with the same grind.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
It's a nice enough knife, but it's hardly "revolutionary"
I've got a knife kicking about somewhere that my father gave me 25 years ago with the same grind.

its the first ive seen except for forged knives, in bushcraft the main grinds are scandi, convex and full flat. its nice to see somthing diffrent once in a while i suppose.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It's a lovely knife, I've had the pleasure of handling one of these. Although the blade shape, and to an extent, the handle shape don't really get me all excited, they both work extremely well. This is possibly one of the best designed bushcraft knives I know.

This is Dunc all over, the man doesn't buy knives, he makes things that fulfill the needs of the user. He doesn't fall for the beautiful designs of some custom or production builds that end up costing me a fortune, but merely makes what he needs.

Personally I find this bloody annoying.:D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I love that knife design from first following the thread years ago when British Red first started sketching it out. Duncans new take on Reds design coupled with his own tweaks and new grind really make it stand out as one of the most beautiful and well designed/made knives I've seen in a long while and I really want one. Kudos to you. Your vids are getting very arty Josh, well done on that.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Jon,

Its a design that still works for me. Its nice to see Dunc refining and working with it. I particularly like his 3/4 scale necker version

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE