Few of my photos!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart Danger

Aug 26, 2011
Chichester
Hi

I am a newbie to this site, I have lots of different interests of which, one is photography. I am definitley a beginner even though I have been doing it for a few years now and would love some feedback if anyone would give any!

unled14n.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

unled13p.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

unled5ex.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

unled4wh.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

unled1obx.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

Stuart Danger

Aug 26, 2011
Chichester
Here are the ast few that I will dump on you now, perhaps more to come!!!

wabby.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

sunrisew.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

seattlelsw.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

mckenzie3.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

mckenzie1.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

magnetic.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

kangaroom.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

fraser2.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

fraserk.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

fiji2.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

fiji1.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

calgaryix.jpg

Shot at 2011-08-28

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Excellent pictures. One thing I was told by a famous bushcrafter no less, was to be bold and crop your pictures to choose the drama and that may be missed by the distraction of the bigger picture. The penguin and the kid with the camera are classics, the drama is in the faces right there, and the full picture may distract from the full drama of those faces and expressions they hold. It's difficult to do, as you obviously compose the picture as you are taking it. But sometimes it is worth it....

unled4wh.jpg

dsc0311r.jpg

Not great examples, but I think the kid with the camera benefits from this because of the attention and focus he is giving within the pic.

Last edited:

Stuart Danger

Aug 26, 2011
Chichester
Around the world in 80 mins!
I guess it is the uploading website I am using! Most of the pictures were taken between 2006 and now. Few from Peru, Australia, Canada, Fiji, New Zealand, various zoo's and wildlife parks and there might be some Wales if I can find them!

Stuart Danger

Aug 26, 2011
Chichester
I understand what you mean about the cropping, I will pay around with it the future! I would say that I like the open-ness of the pictures as it shows depth of field better and really makes the subject more striking.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I understand what you mean about the cropping, I will pay around with it the future! I would say that I like the open-ness of the pictures as it shows depth of field better and really makes the subject more striking.

Yeah, I'm the same. That's why I say it needs loads of courage to crop. As the person that has taken the picture, it is far more difficult as you take the picture you feel is right when you hit the button in the first place.

One of my favourite pictures was heavily cropped. The full picture showed the full snake, but the cropped versio made a much more stunning picture and showed the camoflauge so much better.

4466544063_fe002ae8e5_o.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks for sharing on the landscapes you catch the moods of the day & the subjects you certainly do catch the dramas excellent photos

Stuart Danger

Aug 26, 2011
Chichester
Brilliant pictures, love the one of the child with the camera, but then again i loved them all.

Thanks a lot!
Yea the pics of the child is one of my favorites, my only self critisism is that the focus is off, I was using a telephoto lense for the first time and the auto focus on it is really particular, but I still am really happy with the photos!

Thanks for all the good words

Stu

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
Really nice photos there. I'm no expert, I just dabble in photography and I am mainly interested in landscapes and wildlife photography.
One thing I have to say is that, to me, it is important to capture the animal in it's natural environment, by that I mean try and get something of interest or some drama in there somewhere. I see so many technically brilliant photographs of wildlife that don't really evoke the nature of the critter or it's environment. I hope I'm making sense to someone?
Anyway, what do I know, I'm very much an amateur as you can see: http://karlos.smugmug.com/Nature/Wildlife/5295452_SqJvPC#322945112_aGdpr

I am however taking hold of a rather nice new Nikon 300mm lens in a couple of weeks though, so should be able to do better :)

Stuart Danger

Aug 26, 2011
Chichester
Really nice photos there. I'm no expert, I just dabble in photography and I am mainly interested in landscapes and wildlife photography.
One thing I have to say is that, to me, it is important to capture the animal in it's natural environment, by that I mean try and get something of interest or some drama in there somewhere. I see so many technically brilliant photographs of wildlife that don't really evoke the nature of the critter or it's environment. I hope I'm making sense to someone?
Anyway, what do I know, I'm very much an amateur as you can see: http://karlos.smugmug.com/Nature/Wildlife/5295452_SqJvPC#322945112_aGdpr

I am however taking hold of a rather nice new Nikon 300mm lens in a couple of weeks though, so should be able to do better :)

I know what you mean, my only experience of taking pictures of animals is in the zoo!!! I would love to get out and take some wild photos, but I'd much rather go walking / mountaineering and take some landscape photos instead!

You have some really nice photos, I like the one with the swans especially!

Stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE