Few hours in the woods this morning - Making a Christmas Wreath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Thought I would share this as I am pretty happy with how it turned out for my first attempt at making a Christmas wreath.

Spent a few hours with a mate down the woods and had a walk around collecting the bits we needed.

download_20131215_133618.jpg

Enjoyed making it so will be a new tradition for me I am sure.

Can't beat a few hours in the woods with a good mate, laughs and a brew.

Also treated ourselves with a baked banana with chocolate and whiskey.

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1079_BURST003.jpg

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
I had a go at wreath this year too. I made a double hoop from hazel and then wove in holly, ivy, yew & Scots pine. I secured it using jute twine.

I'm quite chuffed with it - all natural, all biodegradable, all gathered within a mile of my front door and, best of all, all free!

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Your wreath looks really good. All the better being home made. Coming home each day just got even better!:)

Just off to cut some holly this morning. Will post some pics soon.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Great job mate, I made one a few years back and it has become my tradition as well, all gathered from a Bimble in the woods, I lay it on my parents grave and i am sure they'd be proud of it to, to me it's like having a homemade Christmas card, it means so much more when someone has put the effort in rather than buying one, whilst in the woods also look for some pine trees that are weeping resin, collect the resin and add to candle wax to give off a pine scented candle, really Christmas'y

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE