Fed up with Flickr.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Tried to embed photos on here from Flickr but just failed again and again despite my legendary patience and endless HOW TO videos on YouTube. I just haven't got the buttons they show. Is there another hosting site that is free and actually user friendly for old grumpy sods like me?
Many thanks for any help

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Tried to embed photos on here from Flickr but just failed again and again despite my legendary patience and endless HOW TO videos on YouTube. I just haven't got the buttons they show. Is there another hosting site that is free and actually user friendly for old grumpy sods like me?
Many thanks for any help

Flickr is pretty simple to post pics from and this is the way I do it

1:
Select from Flickr the picture you want to post, For this example I'm selecting the map by clicking on it

2. This then opens the map photo up. To get the code for posting it I click on the 'sweeping right' arrow which is at the bottom right of the screen indicated with a red arrow in the picture

3. This then opens up a selection box. Make sure the BBC code option is selected. It normally defaults to this when opening but just check . You then choose the size picture you want to post from the drop down options. I normally choose the largest of the medium selections as it's a good size for posts. However the pictures I've used for this tutorial were done with the first of the largest selection. Just have a play around to see what size you like.

4. Once you've decided on size of picture highlight the text in the first box and right click so you can copy it

5. Normally you'd use the post picture on the edit page screen on the forum.

37511957880_39e0a68c46_b.jpg

6. But because you copied the complete code from Flickr all you need to do is right click and select paste and the entire code will be put into your text.

7. Hit enter and hopefully your pictures will appear :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The images issues might be a little easier to deal with when we're moved to the new software as well... We'll not be hosting images (unless you're a subscribing member) but things might be smoother getting them linked in and displaying on the forums.

Thanks Steve for taking the time to put all this step by step together... goodjob

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I did see something at the time Photobucket pulled the plug that although Imgur's system allows images to link, their terms of use do not.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
seem to be ok at the moment with imgur, they give you a view count and bandwidth usage.

maybe if it is heavily viewed there maybe restrictions but at the moment i cant see anything saying dont link.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE