Favourite type of sausage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Well I'm currently frying up some Cumberland sausage's and I wondered what was everyone's different type of favourite sausages
6b9fd4e6e577ebf923b6f16b949a61d9.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Honey and ginger pork sausages... Probably the tastiest, moist, meaty sausage every made. :)

Sadly only available from a local farm shop butchers near to Wayland :(

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Without reservation, it would be something along the lines of this:

http://www.charcuterie-puzzi.fr/sau...ignes-d-ardeche-p43-r1-charcuterie-puzzi.html

However, if you mean readily available in the UK or, dare I say it, from the supermarket (nothing super/superior about them in my opinion) then Booths' Cumberland/Lincolnshire/Toulouse all take a bit of beating. Our local slaugherhouse is also a farm shop and they do a very good range, frequently seasonally based (pork and chestnut at Christmas for example).

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I look for pork-based sausages, beef is OK. What few real butcher shops that we have left over here usually have a variety of seasonings and smokings.
Gawd only knows what`s in the tubular things in the big box grocery stores.
So: pork with onion, black pepper and just enough apple wood smoke that I can smell it.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Of the British sausages I like Venison. The Saffie Boerewurst is delicious. Then the Swedish or Norwegian Wiener korv.
Szech/German/Austrian Frankfurters.
Blood sausages type Boudin Noir, the French, German or Czech version does not matter.

I almost prefer sausages of all sorts and types before pure meat!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
All the more reason to make a New Year's resolution, starting today: Make a list of all those sausage types.
Never buy the same thing twice. Culinary adventure between now and the end of the year.

I lied. I have a stash of venison Farmer's sausages in my freezer. Traded for some bison.
Half of one of those with sides is a big supper for me.
The butcher shop does mostly game cutting (Chilako Meats) with a far flung reputation for excellence.

#1 : the homemade sausages of a good friend of mine, made from his own free ranging cattles near darwin. Sadly he passed away in 2007 so I'll never be able to taste this treat again.....
#2: thuringian sausages (more than a decade since I had my last)
#3: the camel-curry and water buffalo-chillie sausages from the butcher in Humpty Doo (top end/OZ)- which I hadn't in years, either....

finding something what deserves the description "" sausage"" here in Korea IS a challenge: even my friends cats refused to eat the things sold as hot dogs here (so you may guess what's inside.....)

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hickory smoked southern sausages, followed by bratwurst would be my current favorites. That said, picking a "favorite" sausage is like picking a favorite child. I love them all.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
In order of preference:
Haggis
my own pork belly and shoulder sausage seasoned with an unhealthy amount of Dunn's River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
Black Pudding
Hogs Pudding

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE