Favourite type of sausage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peachstone

Jun 12, 2016
Oxfordshire
A bit late to this, but I love sausages and had to say something!

My favourite is the 'Toulouse style' with garlic, red wine and herbs in it - lovely in a stew with vegetables and lentils or beans.

We've been moaning about the sausages available for so many years that we started making our own this year, from recipes in 'The Sausage Book'. The Great British Banger - with sage, thyme and mace - was delicious. We get the pork minced by the butcher, which makes it easier. They were unclear on the meat to fat ratio and just said they use shoulder, cut the skin off and mince that. It works very well. Must make more of them!

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
My local farm shop do an amazing pork and black pudding. I've been know to say sod it and cook all 10 in the pack in one go, ALL MINE!

I never say no to a good Cumberland either.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
peachstone = that's how people over here got started.
Kept written records of the recipes. Told no one.
Got a little bigger every year. Told no one.
No visible problems with BIG FOOD trying to kill them off. Not so far.
There are two that top the rest for me:
#1 whiskey elk.
#2 venison Farmer.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Hmm sausages, difficult to pick a favourite but if pushed it's these.

1, Cumberland,
2, Lincolnshire.
3, Walls Pork Sausages.
4, Sweet Chilli.

Toad in the hole or bangers, mash & peas........food of the gods.
Dammit now I'm hungry.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Cumberland sausages from Brennan's Butchers in Kendal - sadly no longer there.They'd been going for years, in fact they were my Grandads favourite. Never tasted a better Cumberland sausage and not for want of trying - served with hot Cumberland sauce.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Have to declare an interest: My son makes his own sausages from locally sourced pork and sells them fresh cooked from his Sussex Sausage Company outfit at fairs and festivals in the Hastings area.

I have to say they are delicious, as is the rest of his home-made healthy food: but I would say that, wouldn't I?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE