Favourite, NON scandi knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
This one gets the occasional outing, I like it a lot, Opinel style lock up and very robust.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 242

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I've pretty much exclusively carried a puukko for the past few years, except when backpacking. But, as far as non-scandi knives, these are my favorite and go to knives. Both are convex grinds.

Alex Jivan Aberg style knife. A very nice and robust knife that for me, is a great general purpose knife that can do it all.

IMG_2654 by Bradley Buckman, on Flickr

The other is a Bark River Ultra-Lite Bushcrafter that has been changed to a full height convex, which I feel cuts much better than the original "scandivex". It's such a lightweight and useful knife, and although somewhat small, is capable of performing like a bigger knife. It is my first choice for when I'm heading on a backpacking trip.

IMG_2659 by Bradley Buckman, on Flickr

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Hmm, depends on the situation but what probably gets the most use is my Randall #10-3, although my Randall #18-5.5 is my true love and for the real heavy stuff my Svord Golok seems to handle anything from felling trees to slicing tomatoes...

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
My SAK Solo is with me almost everytime I leave the house. Brilliant knife for the price. If it had a "sportier" steel and be easily disassembled, I wouldn't consider another folder.

My Esee Izula 2 is good if a little thick stocked.

Last edited:

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
I have a lot of cutting tools/toys. And I would have to say that my favourites are some ESEE variations, perhaps the rescaled 4. I have a Condor Bushlore coming in and I look forward to using that. A knife doesn't have to be expensive or fancy for me to appreciate its utility. I like Opinels for what they are.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE