Favourite, NON scandi knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi all!

Thought we could start up an interesting thread here. Now for a lot of people, cheap mora is the way to start into bushy knife world. And scandi grinds are fantastic for doing lots with wood, I'm just wondering what is your favourite knife that isn't a scandi grind?

I'll start. Most my knives are scandi as I work with wood a lot! No need for a super dooper survival knife (maybe one day) but I had a little knife made by Bones61 of British blades. It's convex, ~3.25" blade with elm handle I believe, Full tang. Whenever I'm doing something in the garden it's in my pocket, it's a great all round little knife :)
image_zpsz7lzkjke.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
It isn't a great knife, but this cheap hunter I got ages ago. The grip looks awful but is surprisingly comfortable. It is a hollow grind so is a great slicer and has become my food prep knife. Stainless so I don't hae to worry too much about it. Given I paid under £20 for it I really can't fault it.

5211452593_b525f670d4_b.jpg

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
That is a great knve Tommy! Congrats
Mine probably This one: http://www.larsonforgeandfinish.com/images/BOOT_SLAB_C.JPG

QUOTE=Tommyd345;1702955]Hi all!

Thought we could start up an interesting thread here. Now for a lot of people, cheap mora is the way to start into bushy knife world. And scandi grinds are fantastic for doing lots with wood, I'm just wondering what is your favourite knife that isn't a scandi grind?

I'll start. Most my knives are scandi as I work with wood a lot! No need for a super dooper survival knife (maybe one day) but I had a little knife made by Bones61 of British blades. It's convex, ~3.25" blade with elm handle I believe, Full tang. Whenever I'm doing something in the garden it's in my pocket, it's a great all round ]][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448876488.380842.jpg

Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor.

Couldn't afford its predecessor as a kid but preordered the Dartmoor before the factory closed and received a numbered blade.

Beast of a blade, interesting story and the last production of a once great company. I now have 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Easy, Grohmann No. 4 survival knife in flat grind. I prefer it over any Scandi grind for that matter. I used to favour the Grohmann flat camper but there's the odd job it's not big enough for. If I'm going somewhere where the No. 4 would freak folk out then I revert to the flat camper as a neck knife.

ATB

Tom

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
It was a custom order based on his designs (kinda of a blend of the #30 and #34 drop point, iirc). I think I asked for thicker scales and no sharpening choil, and 1/8" steel in s30v. That was about 10 years ago so it's hard to remember exactly. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE