Favourite Books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
The Lord of The Rings - JRR Tolkein
The Stand - Stephen King
London - Edward Rutherford
A Game of Thrones - George R R Martin
Casting at the Sun - Chris Yates
SAS survival guide - Lofty Wiseman
The Bruce Trilogy - Nigel Tranter

currently the afterblight chronicles series is getting a regular work out
ray mears outdoor survival handbook and kepharts camping and wood craft are always being dipped into.
quite enjoying the joe ledger books by johnothon mayberry patient zero and the dragon factory eagerly awaiting the third book.

all time favourites
the gaunts ghosts series by dan abnett
the dark tower series by stephen king
the complete guide to self sufficiecy by john seymour

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
Like the thread and will look into getting some of the bushcraft books mentioned

I have a couple of writers that I:

Top - Phillip Pullman with His Dark Materials Trilogy

the Garth Nix - Old Kingdom Series and Keys to the kingdom series

and Darren Shan with The Saga of Darren Shan and his Demonata series

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I'm working through some of 'The Long Riders Guild' at present, starting by re-reading Christina Dodwell's 'Travels with Fortune'. Plus 'Ride a White Horse' by William Holt and 'Eye on The Hill' by Richard Barnes.
These are all about long distance horse rides in Africa, Europe and the UK.
I am particularly taken by Mr Holt as I am a little nearer his age now! A charming tale too.:)
I am still a big fan of Gerald Durrell and first read 'My Family and Other Animals' at thirteen when I had chicken pox. I once had an ambition to meet him but never got to Jersey while he was still alive.
Swyn.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I bought Jim Kjelgaard 'Big Red' as I have my second setter, now I'm getting stupid and paying almost £30 for more of his books as I've read all the readily available ones.

I have really enjoyed 'Dangerous River' by Patterson and 'Three against the wilderness' by Eric Collier as my teo altime favourite outdoor books. With 'Wild Trek' by Kjelgaard as pure kids outdoor pleasure reading.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE