Enthusiastic Newbie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 21, 2016
London
Hello!

Where do I start?

As a kid I was camping all the time, brownies, guides, army cadets and all that jazz. The SAS survival handbook got me through some years as a young teenager. However, I kind of lost touch with nature as I got older, what with work and the like...

This was 20 years ago and although I have done regular family camping over these years, I really want to reconnect with wild nature. I work in psychology/ counselling field in rough inner city London and I really feel that being in Nature, doing what our ancestors did, would allay half of the mental health problems we have today.

Anyhoo... after attending a day with Ray Mears on Saturday ( gift from hubby) , I found out about this site, and Bushcraft meetups (?!)and the Bushcraft show next week. It seems that there is a whole lovely community of people out there/here with lots of wisdom and knowledge that I hope to learn!

Now because there is an event this weekend, I am entirely unprepared, so am frantically buying some kit for this weekend and future jaunts. I am so rusty that I will be bringing the pop up tent as a back up embarrassingly (feel free to come say hi) but hope to be rid of it by the end of the weekend and end up in bivvy under tarp/basha. Something I have not used since I was a youngun - time to get back on that horse though.

So hello everyone - I look forward to learning lots - and of course being in, working with, and appreciating nature :)

Happywifey

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE