favorite piece of clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Probably my multi-pocketed waistcoat. I asked for one when I was 12 and my parents got me it for Christmas. It was massive! I still wore it though and 22 years later I still have and wear it when I'm out in the countryside. To my knowledge its only ever been washed twice. There's all manner of crap in the pockets, from badger teeth to tinder, chapstick to matchstick.

I used to love my multi pocket waistcoat, when I used to fly off climbing somewhere I could get about 20 litres of kit in it at least as "extra" handluggage, plus if that plane went down I was gonna be preppared. Not really keen on you wereing that sort of thing stuffed with allsorts on planes these days I believe. Ho Hum. It is amazing what you end up finding in the pockets when you do a tidy/organise.

Cheers,
GB.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Craghopper Kiwis. I've worn them most days for the past couple of years, got 'em burnt and ripped and they still come up smiling.

A green gaberdine SAS style smock. I would wear it into town if the wife let me - the most comfortable, practical upper garment ever devised. My BCUK badge is now sewn upon it, and looks far too bright against the faded green.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If I discount the gear I have made myself then my favourite bits of clothing still currently available in the shops have to be - Tilley T3 hat, Merino Buff, 5.11 shirts and trousers (cotton and polycoton versions) and Bergans Morgedal Smock.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Definitely 5.11s

For me from the ground up

Grubbs Stalker boots
5.11 ripstop polycotton combats
Brit Army (long) T shirt
Pendleton Wool Shirt
Sheepskin Jerkin
SASSkit true Ventile Smock
Hestra Guide Gloves
Sheepsking Mountain cap in freezing / Tweed flat cap above 0C

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Overall favourite piece of clothing is too hard. Favourite footwear are my Bison Bushcraft lightweight boots and favourite hat is a wool watch cap knitted by our own Elen Sentier. But as for the rest it depends on time of year and what I am doing.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Are the bisons worth the investment?
I keep being put off by price tag

Mine are the light ones which are much cheaper than the others but still pricey. All I can say is over 18 months after buying them they are the best all-round bushy shoe I own. Cool in summer and, with thick wool socks, warm in winter. They cope well in the wet - not waterproof but I am never uncomfortable. They also never smell even after multi-day hard use. Downside? Not much grip in the soles.

sgtoutback

Nomad
Jun 29, 2010
Near the fundy
my m_1951 wool field shirt. Great as a mid layer or outer layer dependent on the weather. Useful pockets and good cut to allow freedom to paddle a canoe or gather firewood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE