Favorite blade for the bush?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 10, 2008
US
Howdy folks! After many years of hunting, I've found a blade that is as close to perfect as any I've used. I don't know how much 'exposure' folks would have to US makers, but the maker of this one is Brian Andrews. He has a site, www.offthemapoutfitters.com.

My hands are insanely picky (and a bit big). I have to have a well rounded, curvaceous, hand-filling handle. Nothing worse than an anemic little grip when you're trying to get good control for an extended period of time. This handle has that in spades! It takes a lot of aspects from winning knives and combines them into one.

The blade shape is a big plus, it's got a constant elliptic edge that gives some really impressive slicing efficiency.

How about some pics!
kitpic002.jpg

brianandrewsknifeandaxe002.jpg

brianandrewsknifeandaxe007.jpg

brianandrewsknifeandaxe003.jpg

brianandrewsknifeandaxe009.jpg

The two 'runners up' at the moment are a Brian Andrews 'CUB' knife and the ubiquitous M2K. Got some great kydex to haul the M2K in as well...

enzoandbreeden005.jpg

enzoandbreeden008.jpg

Thanks for peeking! I'll search around for similar past threads of course, but would love to see other favorite and well-used field blades that you guys have!!

Take care-

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
The blade shape looks interesting... the handle doesn't do anything for me, but I too have big hands and prefer a well rounded handle so that doesn't mean I wouldn't wind up loving it! I'd like to give it a try, I've never used a knife like that before.

Love the harmonica :D The axe, too, from what I can see of it :D

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Good looking knife there! Brian runs a good business. I bought a Breeden Kat knife from him. One of my all time favorite outdoor users. I especially like it because I could get it in 3/32" blade thickness.

breeden_kat1b.jpg

breeden_kat2b.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
US
Yeah, one of Bryan's strongest points is definitely that he'll work with you on anything! Happy to make a new design, tweak an old one, change thicknesses, etc. Nice guy, too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE