Fave camo/ muted colour!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've got things in real-tree AP and Deerhunter innovation camo- they're both good but now I wear olive/ tweedy colours wether I'm camping/ fishing and more recently shooting and I can't say I've ever had the camo make any difference. You can look like a pleb wearing full camo if you're not completely in the middle of nowhere- not that that matters but still. I wear wool a lot because I hate feeling like I'm in a crisp packet as a lot of camo garments can make you feel like if there synthetic. I'd say my favourite is an olive drab or a nice tweed :).

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
-Favorite military camo: woodland
-Civilian camo: Mossy oak
-Muted color: coyote brown or similar The old Boy Scout/Forest Service brown)

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
For actual hiding from folk with firearms then dpm all the way (though Kryptek Mandrake looks like it could supplant dpm in my affections.)

For dossing about the woods then it's a toss up between olive green and coyote. Coyote wins by a nose for cool points though!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
My favorite for appearance only would be the WW2 camo used on British windproofs - its also very effective in a woodland environment, although is too dark out of the treeline. The most effective in 80% of locations by a country mile would be British MTP, which, dare I say it, appears to work more effectively side by side than the Multicam that it is derived from.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Olive Green and various browns. I am banned from shopping without a grownup now as everything I buy is olive green. Or brown.

Exactly the same for me, although there are one or two bits of kit I just can't source without it being camo...................

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Camo pattern that I think is effective in our environment? PennCott or A-Tacs FG. Also quite partial to some of the old waffen patterns.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi folks...the colors I wear in the field are olive greens (love olive) ,sand/tans and old woodland camo...my new favorite is multi-cam as it blends pretty well with terrain here in Arizona...like to find a anorak in multi-cam for my next Elk hunt..vince g. 11Binf

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I always rather liked the 90's style US urban camo (not to be confused with any arctic patterns that may have been about at the time too)...not for bushcraft or anything but I had a pair of rather natty ski pants in those subtle and alluring shades of grey and charcoal that I always thought I looked somewhat dashing in ;) Not sure what everyone else thought of me in them! Lol :) :) :)

That Jervens camo is really nice. However M90 swedish camo takes some beating, also dancam.
I also recommend you check out the German WW2 patterns, especially burred edge summer and autumn SS pattern camo. Palm pattern. Good old oak leaf (autumn pattern), pea pattern.
also the liebermuster camo (later adopted by the Swiss).
And the very obscure liebermuster black disruptive pattern over army type splinter pattern.
and yes. I'm a camo geek!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE