Father's Day Presents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Did anyone get any nice Father's day presents?

My two teenage children very kindly (and generously) bought me a 2.5 pint storm kettle - a complete surprise to me. Then the family had to sit out in the garden yesterday while I demonstrated how to use it with my flint and steel, charcloth, etc. and drink the tea and coffee that I made.

I think they were impressed - but also amused at me playing with my toys. :eek:

Geoff

Richie O

Jan 10, 2007
Harold Wood, Essex
I got a build your own go kart kit!
I had planned on making it and attaching a harness to my dog but have since been informed that dog carts are now illegal in britain :cussing:

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I got a couple of bottles of Hardys Nottage Hill and The Travelling Willburys cd, but I did get some Kammo gaiters and a Tilley T3 (really chuffed with both) for my B'day which was Friday.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I got a festival survival kit, loads of useful bits and bobs all contained in a nalgene type bottle..I also got a firefly lid for the bottle which makes a great light. And a big bar of milka chocolate...mmmm

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'm a real sucker for notebooks so I was really pleased to get a couple of Moleskine ones for fathersday. A very nice bottle of Glenmorangie as well....cheers!:beerchug:

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
In the morning, we went over to my in-laws and I cooked breakfast for them. The kids and my wife got to hang out with grandma and grandpa and play with their dogs.

Then my girls, 3 and 6, made cards for me, wrapped up stuff that they have and gave it to me, and spent the afternoon in the pool with me playing and showing off their swimming prowess.

I'd say that was about perfect! :D There's really not a lot of material stuff that I need. It would have been perfect if my Bark River Golok was finished and arrived, but all in all, Father's Day was great!!!

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I got a card from my son with a very lovely message in it written by him, that almost brought a tear to my eyes which was more than present enough for me. :)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I got a giant bar of Dairy Milk, a box of Roses (wife ate them) and a box of cherry liqure chocs (don't like them, wife ate them also). The grandkids polished off the Dairy Milk. All in all a good day.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE