Farson Blade from Freemont Knives. Anyone see this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So I was watching something completely unrelated to bushcraft on youtube the other day and when it was over this was one of the videos that was suggested (watching too many shiny videos I guess).

[video=youtube;6FzvWYZ7mw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FzvWYZ7mw0[/video]

This seems like a pretty cool design and a great way to bring a makeshift axe into the bush without carrying a full axe. Not sure I'd pick up one, I'm happy enough with my Mora Bushcraft HD, and my wetterlings and GB axes, but it is pretty neat.

Not affiliated with company, or the youtube poster FYI.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Looks good for a bottom of yer bag emergency tool.bet yer could mess someone up with it stylie too knuckle duster jobby.wam bam take that evil doer!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Didn't watch the full thing but it appears to have a micro-bevel I hate them! Just do not get on with them at all, why do most tacticool knives have them?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I love the way he almost folds the Opinel onto his hand, when ramming it into the log without engaging the locking ring!
Personally I am not a fan of "do everything" sharps as I have found that they generally do everything - but badly!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think the problem is that they've taken a stone tool and tried to make it out of metal, not taking into consideration how differing materials lend themselves to different uses. Also the stone tool though it may have been excellent for what it was, was the only tool making material available and has been superseded for a reason. (Don't get me wrong there are brilliantly effective stone tools out there but that one was a very simple cut/crush axe).

As said didn't seem too good at anything bar cutting a pizza and looked awful easy to hurt yourself with which wouldn't be great in a survival situation in the middle of no-where.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Looks like the sort of crap that used to be sold to kids in tackle and camping shops years ago as a survival tool, waste of money then too.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I lost what small interest I had after it was shown cutting Pizza... That's armchair survival not bush survival... Last time I checked Domino's don't deliver to the depths of the Amazon rainforest...

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Not sure about this one. I would imagine that it is not the most comfortable or controllable thing in the hand, despite the paracord wrap. I think that I am so used to a conventional knife and being able to see the blade clearly that this thing would never find space in my pack or on my belt. It is a point of discussion and many thanks to The MAX for the introduction.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE