Far Eastern Fells

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What volume were you thinking or ordering Rich?

Not too sure yet, it'll probably be a good size order though. I need to get in touch with them first and see what the crack is, if it's going to be a high shipping rate, say $100, then it's better if we order more.

What's the shelf life on the Packit Gourmet meals Rich?

Just looking at their FAQs Michael, they say for most meals shelf life is around one year, those with high meat content around 3-6 months.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just emailed PG so I'll let you know what they come back with.

I might be over in the US again early July so I could bring some back that way if it falls through

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Lovely weather. Some cracking photos there.

May be chuckling away here but it's an eye opener as well. Cleaning out the bunch of you - cheeky litlle bampot!
:D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
what a belter! some stunning scenery there

Cheers Hamish, it was a nice trip out

Lovely weather. Some cracking photos there.

May be chuckling away here but it's an eye opener as well. Cleaning out the bunch of you - cheeky litlle bampot!
:D

Just think, if we'd been in the hammocks I think it would've stripped camp without us knowing. The funny thing was, I was awake at one point in the night and I could hear it rustling away under Andy's tarp, I just thought he was making something to eat so I went back to sleep again :)

Sunshine in the Lakes just can't be beaten

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
View attachment 30233

Sorry couldn't resist :D.

:D. He would have been if he'd nicked it before I'd drunk all the alcohol inside.
72208_10151333926587509_1703453813_n.jpg

Grrrrr :)

I'm too scared to inspect my Arc Blast too thoroughly

Don't blame you, I'd cry out loud.

In all seriousness, what could we have practiclly done outside of a bear container or moving pitch to somewhere with a rock big enough to hang a bag from? A bear container is a bit overkill. No trees to hand from and the slope wasn't big enough to get a bag high enough without 30m of rope.

So far, I've come up with floating the food in the lake in a rubble sack or using a little movement sensor so it wakes us up. Can't keep food in the shelter or even the bivvy.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Nice write up mate! I wondered where you and Pete had been, Missed you at the Brittain Wood meets! Perhaps you need a light weight catty to see of the foxes, they can be determined little buggers.

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE