Family Bushcraft Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
After attending the Springmoot I attended a family bushcraft day at Eastbrook Country Park,Dagenham,Essex on the Tuesday with my 14 year old Daughter and 10 year old son.It was excellently run by one of the Rangers whos name was Gareth(Has attended courses with Ray).Basically the day was to end with a cup of Blackberry tea.So this involved the full process from the cutting a suspended rig from willow with full instructions in the save use of saw and knife.Collecting,filtering and purifying water from a pond on site.Preparing the ground and collecting the right tinder,kindling and timber for the fire.Different ways of igniting the fire using Steel and flint,Firesteel and fire piston,he was going to do fire by friction(bow drill but it was to damp).It was a excellent day and the kids loved it,oh and by the way it was free.There is another event coming up in July.
Clayton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE