Fallraven Barent trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey all

Fjallraven Barent Trousers

I really liked the look of these and they seem to get great reviews....so they are being delivered tomorrow, lol (christ, Ive spent some dosh setting up for bushcraft and walking, it aint cheap is it).

Anywho, thoughts or experience of them would be appreciated!!

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Well, i have a pair of the Greenlands after having an unknown pair of fjallravens for years. They really are well made, comfy, practical and hardwearing. granted, they aren't the cheapest but you certainly get your moneys worth out of them.

Baggins

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
They'll last you a while,much as Baggins said.
I like mine,I also have the same style but in solid colours.
I trawled the net when buying mine and got them for about £50 a pair.
This was a couple of years ago though.
Wear them day in, day out.

I have some barrents i got from a discount outlet in Sweden, which I really like. Not very waterproof though despite rewaxing. Not sure if they are doing it in the UK, but in Sweden you can take any of their garments to any one of their Naturkompaniet stores and they will rewax it free of charge .
At current prices I tend to take care when crossing barbed wire fences. Otherwise they get used and abused and stand up well.
BTW if you've already ordered them why do you need opinions / reviews?

On another note, anyone seen the relatively new brand Swedemount? Have some slightly cheaper, and almost identical products...

http://www.swedemount.se/products/product/trekking/barents-pant

Evenin

I'm new to bushcraft and getting my gear together, I'm a sucker for stuff I just like the look of, is shiny or makes me go "ooh I gotta have that", lmao (ask the wife she's goin nuts knowing what I've spent)!

To the Barents then! I watched all the vids etc and thought, they seem good, ooh I like the look of em, sod it I'm getting them. However I'm interested in the opinions of you guys that have actually used them in anger. I must admit most things I have bought for Bushcraft I have sought the opinion of you guys before hittin the buy button.

They are bloody expensive £95 I payed. I'll be wounded when I wreck them and I will. They are supposed to be tough lets see if they live up to their reputation, lol! Maybe I'll learn and only go with standard walking trousers (daft really I've got a few pairs of Craghoppers in the cupboard) or combats in future? Live and learn.

Cheers for the info guys lets see how long they last when I finally get out there.

Kev

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
I've been using Fjällräven gear for about 1,5 years now. Just got the Barents trousers for colder days while having previously bought the Iceland (the size I bought got too small for me) and Karl Zip-Off (for warmer days when shorts are needed) trousers. Why I got the Barents for colder autumn/winter/spring days is the double-layer fabric on the knees and bum. Really solid gear from Fjällräven.

Fjällräven

Jul 29, 2011
Denmark
Fjallrävens trousers are just great! I have around ten pair of them. My favourites are the Barents and Iceland. My oldest pair is 10 years old, but is still going strong.
I wear Fjällrävens almost every day, so I am an avid user.
BTW I have nothing to do with Fjällräven, despite my username :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I have had a pair for years, they are good tough trousers . However if you are planning to do a lot of walking in them then they can get a bit warm (unless its a cold day) . I normally wear shorts when I am hiking and keep mine in my pack for when the temp drops in the evening

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE